Saturday, September 6, 2008

What would Jesus do?

When I was six years old, my mother promised me an Easter Basket. Mama was a crackhead. When Easter came, she told me she hid my Easter Basket in the backyard. I didn’t think too much about it why she would hide my Easter Basket and not just give it to me. So I went in the backyard looking for it. I looked everywhere. I looked in the tree. I looked in the shed. I looked in the trashcans. But no Easter Basket.

I went to my mother and demanded my Easter Basket. She told me that somebody probably stole it and I should keep looking. So I kept looking for a week. It didn’t dawn on me that maybe she never got me a Easter Basket. I just had the picture in my head of a yellow basket with a huge Easter Bunny.

Where’s my fucking Easter basket, MAMA! Did you smoke it?

No comments: