Friday, October 24, 2008

I am not Joe the plumber.

I am not Joe the plumber. I grew up poor. We never got a plumber. If the toilet broke we fixed it. If the sink got clogged up, we went to the public library and checked out a book on how to fix it. If the problem needed more expertise, in the ghetto we found somebody that we could pay under the table to fix it. Plumbers are expensive. I am not Joe the Plummer, Leroy the mechanic, or Pookie the dentist. Those people usually try to screw you in the end like Denise the contractor. They make it seem like the problem is worse than it is to just charge you more.

I am not Joe the plumber. I am Michael the unemployed writer former male secretary. I am Michael the student loan victim trying to figure out how the hell I’m going to pay all that money back. I am Michael with two cousins who lost their homes in foreclosure. I am Michael who needs his medical insurance and don’t want to hassle with insurance providers across the states. I thought the main reason for getting a job was because of company health insurance. I loathe big business. I live in the reality of constantly being hit with over limit fees from the bank, credit cards and just for cashing my check. I live paycheck to paycheck, so I am not Joe the plumber. Joe the plumber is not even Joe the plumber. He’s not even licensed. He doesn’t make more than forty thousand dollars a year. He wants to own a company in the future but hasn’t even taken the time to make himself a real plumber. He’s somebody’s cousin. He’s a registered republican. His name is not even Joe.

My vote is for Tim the weed dealer. Can’t we legalize marijuana already!!!!!!

2 comments:

Prince Todd said...

::Takes a seat in the church pew::

Hallelujah! Mmmmhmmmmm!

::starts chanting old negro spirituals::

Unknown said...

F&CK JOE THE PLUMBER