Monday, August 18, 2008

FameWhore

I wonder how hard it is to become famous. I guess I’m what they call a pop culture junkie and it always amazes me the people who infest my entertainment like cockroaches. It seems these days it don’t take much considering Reality TV. I always ask myself, am I learning anything. Is my life getting any better? I mean I like bad TV like old school TV like Melrose place and 90210. At least bad TV in the early 90s had a plotline. Now it’s Bad girls, a butch of heffas just yelling at each other with no point in sight. Is it just for the fame?

What is the attraction to fame? I mean I want to be known, that is I want people to read my blog and eventually buy my books and novels whenever they are completed. I don’t want fame just for fame reason. I want a paycheck. I want a job. I don’t think fame is a job. I think fame is misguided celebrated unemployment. I mean, what the hell does Paris Hilton or Nicole Ritchie do for a living. How can they inspire? Shit, my sister dancing in bars, but I guess because she’s from the ghetto and don’t have cameras around her she’s not celebrated. Why don’t we celebrate welfare moms? Why don’t we celebrate high school drop outs? Maybe it’s the same. Maybe it’s different.

Fame is not a job. I need a job.

No comments: